Friday, June 25

Ok, first blog in awhile! Heh. Yeah. Gosh, it feels like so much has happened in the past few weeks...

Number one: I have gotten hooked on the writings of fantasy author Terry Brooks. My roommate Liz got me started. I read his Word and the Void trrilogy first, and it was phenomenal. You know how you can read a story, and know that your way of thinking will never be quite the same afterward? That's how it is with these. My favorite of his books, so far, has been the Elfstones of Shannara. I won't give away the ending, but it resonated so powerfully with circumstances in my life that I spent much of the evening crying over the book! A beautiful story....

Number two: I went to my former roommate's wedding! I was there when she met the guy who is now her husband, and most of my long-time college friends were there. I was having so much fun I actually got out on the dance floor!! Shocking, I know. But I was having too much fun to be my usual wallflower self.

No comments: