Monday, November 5

So....many....ideas....

This is getting distracting...you ever see a fractal? I feel like my story is like that: whenever I look at a part of it that looks simple, it suddenly into this complex thing with way more history and story than will ever appear in the novel. Yikes.
 
I've decided what my novel is like: think Swiftly Tilting Planet meets Babylon 5. That sums it up oddly well, actually. I've got things very similar to Shadow technology, the Great Machine on Epsilon 3, and the telepaths. I've also got time travel, the importance of love over power, and the choice that changes the world.
 
How cool is that?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

James said...

Cool enough to deep freeze a Vorlon!

Marcy said...

Pretty cool, that's how cool! (=

I'm writing a bit more now because of a fast on certain days from books, TV, the computer... I was really happy last Friday to actually write scenes instead of just working on back story and plotting and cultural details like I normally do. But then I realized that that part of the plotting didn't make sense and most of what I wrote Friday will probably be scrapped. Oh well, I need the practice writing out scenes, anyway.