Friday, September 7

Grey hairs and henna

I colored my hair with henna a few months ago; I'm a big fan of henna body art, and had heart it does marvelous things for the hair. It did make my hair very shiny, along with intensifying the red tones in my hair.
 
Also, I wanted to cover up a few grey hairs that I had recently found.
 
Of course, the problem with coloring to cover up grey is obvious: you have to keep doing it regularly; if you don't, it will appear that you've aged overnight! Granted, it's not that I have very many grey hairs, just one or two at the moment, but the question is still pertinent.
 
I finally decided not to color my hair again: it's too much trouble, and at the end of the day, I'm ok with the grey beginning to come through. I'm not out to impress anyone, and I've always looked older than I am anyway.
 
But it's still a struggle not to rush to the bathroom and yank out every silver hair!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Welcome to the club! :p

Rachel said...

I have so many gray hairs now that I no longer bother to pull them out. Actually, I kind of like them. They're more silver than gray, like my mom's, and I always loved hers. I've resigned myself to them, and am actually kind of happy about them.