Monday, July 9

Wheeeeheheheheheheheheeee!!!!!!!

I love the NaNo forums.
 
I just posted there about a story that's been floating in my head for years, but I could never write down, because I could never figure out the conflict that gets resolved. So I posted on the Plot Doctoring forum, and another NaNoer found me a conflict!
 
Let me back up a bit: I had a dream, years ago, in which I watched a girl reincarnate(note: I do not believe in reincarnation, but it made for a cool dream/story) through various lives and times, always with the same teacher. The final two scenes were impressed into my memory, and I can still watch them replay in my head even now. In the first scene, the girl is in a burning house, watching her teacher die at the hands of a mob. In the second, an 8-year-old incarnation of the girl walks into a modern library, sees an old man librarian, and smiles, knowing it to be her teacher. That was it. I had a resolution, but no conflict, no idea where it was going.
 
But now.....I have an outline for the plot!
 
Girl constantly reincarnates, being pursued by an enemy who can choose where he reincarnates, and follows her. He wants to harvest her memories; he is from the far distant future--their historians enter siumlations of events to study them. They generate the simulations by plugging in the mind of someone who remembers them. He wants to plug her into these simulators, since she has reincarnated repeatedly. She keeps meeting up with a mentor/teacher in each incarnation, trying to piece together what is happening. At one point, she finds a book that she remembers writing, but it was published hundreds of years before. This sets her on the path towards a confrontation with her enemy. Since the enemy can reincarnate where he chooses, she has to keep him from dying. How? Situation in which he is granted eternal life if she sacrifices herself. She dies. Once this is completed, she reincarnates in modern day library, with teacher.
 
Yay!!!! I'm not waiting til NaNo to write this one. Besides, I already have this year's NaNo idea: a guy with paranormal powers has to decide whether to serve the public with them, or go become a monk.
 
Yes, I like weird stories. Deal with it.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Sounds like you'll be spending some time writing!!!

Joi said...

OH yeah. I want to average 1000 words per day on this new one, and the rewrite. That's a lot per day, but since I'm in a quieter house, it should be easier. :)

I even got to play my guitar last night; the balcony door was open, and all the lovely summer evening breezes were blowing through.