Friday, June 29

Note the new addition

Yes, I have added a NaNoWriMo countdown clock onto my blog. I am addicted to NaNo: I started participating in 2004, when I first heard about it. I started 4 days late and finished 2 days early: 52,000 words in 25 days! My 2005 story was a bust, but I learned a lot by not winning. In 2006, I wrote 54,000 words in 30 days, and realized that I was totally hooked. I participated in the forums for the first time, got to know other NaNoers in my region, and went to the Thank God It's Over party.
 
And now I'm re-writing last year's NaNo (excerpts available upon request--manuscript now at 64,000 words and counting), lurking in the forums, and generally just waiting for November to roll around again. This year's story will be about a monk with super-powers (no, I'm not kidding. I'm working on the outline already).
 
Go to www.nanowrimo.org. Check it out. Sign up for a reminder. Discover that you really can write a novel. Go for the gusto!
 
We who are about to write salute you!
 
(note: Yes, I am aware that NaNo has eaten my soul. I'm perfectly okay with this.)
 

2 comments:

James said...

Monk with superpowers eh? Have you read the Astro City series comic "Confession?" It might help fuel the creative juices.

Joi said...

Hmmm, nope. I haven't! I will check it out; I'm thinking of something more along the lines of Unbreakable, rather than something actiony like X-Men.