Tuesday, June 12

Book list!

list of books I need to read--if you are reading my blog, and own any of these, and are willing to loan them to me, let me know:
 
Shadow of the Torturer, Gene Wolf
The Bourne Ultimatum, Robert Ludlum (I was surprised at how good the Bourne books were--highly recommend!)
Ringworld, Larry Niven
Foundation, Isaac Asimov
the Thursday Next novels by Jasper Fforde
the Dresden files books by Jim Butcher (already read first two, loved them. Like Buffy meets film noir.)
The Warrior's Apprentice by Lois McMaster Bujold
Watchmen by Alan Moore
Coraline by Neil Gaiman, because Neil Gaiman is cool
Sandman Vol.6 through Vol. 10 by Neil Gaiman because Sandman is amazing
all the Happy Hollister book
the original Hardy Boys series (not the 1960's re-writes)
the Cthulhu stories by H.P. Lovecraft
 
At this point, I'll read just about anything recommended by John C. Wright, from http://johncwright.livejournal.com, because he has such darned good taste.
 
 
Books read recently:
 
Lying Awake by Mark Salzman--good book, recommended
Mariette in Ecstasy--very good book, read along with Lying Awake
V for Vendetta by Alan Moore--while I disagree with the philosophy in this graphic novel (pro-anarhy, and I tend to be a monarchist), it did bring up interesting issues, and thoughts. Anyone who sees the movie should definately read the novel, though the movie is good on its own.
The Lady in the Forest, by David Guterman. Not sure what I think of this one. Really not too crazy about it, but it's making me think a little.
The Happy Hollisters and the Old Clipper Ship--innocent, good, sometimes funny--better than I remembered!
 
Currently reading:
 
The Worm Ourobouros by E.R. Eddison. Weird, high epic fantasy. Almost as tough as reading the Illiad, but very good stuff.
The Ring of the Niebelung, by Wagner. Just cause it's cool
The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Inspired to read this by my roommate's video of Le Notre Dame De Paris, a really awesome stage production. In French!
 

1 comment:

Marcy said...

I believe we have several on your list at LOB.